The internet has offered many an opportunity to make money online. However, attracting traffic, singling out potential customers and retaining them is no cakewalk.
In an online business, marketing Industry Email List plays a crucial role. In order to get customers to buy your products and services, you have to first make them aware of your presence. You have to build trust so that they will visit again. This can be done by building and using email lists effectively.
The article covers the dos and don'ts of building profitable email lists for your online business. Learn these simple tips and make money online.
What you should do
• A well written guest post on a popular website - Guest posting... You may ask "why?"
The online marketplace is crowded with businesses; you will find thousands of individuals offering the same product. Thus, your first task is to make your audience aware of your presence. Following this, you will be able build and grow your list.
You can do so by means of a well written guest post published on a popular site. It should be brief and to-the-point. Popular sites already have a large volume of traffic and give you greater exposure.
• Drive traffic to your site - The secret lies in your guest post. You may place a link via which people will land on your website, blog or squeeze page. However, none shall click the link if the content of your guest post is useless and invaluable. Your guest post should be interesting. The quality of content should be good and the language intelligible to all.
• Create an impressive landing page - A landing page is the page visitors land on when they click the link provided below or within guest posts. A landing page could require visitors to perform varied functions- buy a product or complete an opt-in form. You should create an impressive landing page. It should neither be too plain nor too gaudy. Besides, visitors do not like a landing page that takes too long to load or is too detailed in its features.
• Convert traffic into email subscribers - The real task of building an email list starts here. Once you succeed in attracting traffic to your site, it's time to convert the traffic into email subscribers.
There are different methods to do so. The first is the inclusion of opt-in forms on your website or landing page. There should be enough opt-in forms and they should be in the right place. Place it above the fold where it is easily visible. In addition to your home page, you can place an opt-in form on your About Us page or integrate one in your blog's comment section. You can also consider a pop-up form. The process of subscribing to email lists should be uncomplicated and requiring minimum details.
Offer an incentive to people who subscribe to your email list. It is like a bribe to get them back to visit. The freebie could be a video or audio file or an eBook.
Mistakes to avoid
• Offering low quality free content - After your initial guest post and landing page, the free content (the freebies you offer) is your identify. What would be your reaction if you subscribed to a list and get, poor quality, rehashed material? You would be agitated and feel cheated. If you want to build a profitable and highly responsive list, you should offer high value content whether free or paid. It builds trust and helps you maintain your list.